Write for us
We are accepting guest submissions from
March 8, 2015 - April 22, 2015
Our mission is to help lead women and men into transformational wholeness by the sharing of personal experiences, often accompanied by brokenness. Equipping others to confront deeper issues through seeking Christ and learning to fully surrender our individual lives to His Will are constant themes.
Please make sure the topic and content of your post reflects the content we post here on Whole. Topics for your post could include , Faith & Inspiration, Marriage & Family, Single & Content, your personal testimony, or anything related to living a Christ-centered life.
Do know an inspiring woman who is impacting her community world through the Gospel of Jesus Christ? Is she involved in ministry that is changing the lives of those around her? Is she using her God-given gifts to spread love, hope, and grace to a hurting world? If you know of someone like this, tell us about her and we may feature her story on our Whole Spotlight! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: "Whole Spotlight Nominee." Please consider the content of what we post here on Whole and in our past Whole Spotlights.
Requirements & Formatting Guidelines
- Word Count: 500-1200 words.
- Original work: All submissions must be original content and not previously published (after we post it on our blog, you may post the content on your own personal website by using an excerpt and directing readers to entire post on our site).
- Required information: Please include your name, topic, and article title. You may also include a brief bio and a link to your website (or Twitter or Facebook pages).
- Proofreading and spell-check: Please look over your submission for grammar, sentence flow, accuracy and spelling several times before sending it to us. If your post is clearly unedited, we will not post it.
- Images: The only attachments you should include is a 150x150 bio pic. We ask that if your picture is not already sized to 150x150, you can crop your photo at www.picmonkey.com.
- Email: Please submit your post to email@example.com with the following subject line: Guest Post - [your post title]." Your post must be pasted directly into the body of the email (only attach bio photo).
We will edit all submissions for grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc. If we need to make more significant changes, we will email you for approval before posting it. We also may provide a short introduction or conclusion to your post to provide context, which will be stylistically set apart from your content so our readers know that those words are ours and not yours. Although we can't promise that we'll post every submission we get, we will definitely read and consider them all. Thanks in advance for your submissions!
The correct way to quote Scripture
There are many different ways to quote scripture, but please adhere to the following example when submitting to Whole Magazine. Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all. (2 Thessalonians 3:16 ESV) **Make note that EVERYTHING is italicized without quotation marks. It is permissible to use any translation with the proper abbreviation.
A few things to keep in mind that can get your post rejected
- Do not overuse italics, bolding, and exclamation marks.
- Do not indent your new paragraphs.
- Type alignment must be “left-justified.”
- We NEVER center posts.
- Your title should be catchy and grasp the audience’s attention.
- Your title, heading, and content should flow smoothly. Pay particular attention to transitions between paragraphs.
- We never use "&," but always use "and" in a post.
Please know that we are so grateful for your submission. Due to the volume of submissions we receive and the size of our volunteer team, at this point in time we are unable to personally respond to all emails. If we think your submission is a fits Whole, we will let you know. Thanks for your understanding.
We reserve the right to make necessary changes (without taking away from the author's story) to enhance any posts to better fit with our mission and vision.
Whole Magazine does NOT offer any monetary compensation for guest posts.