By Carmen Miller
Did you know?:
People who buy coffee primarily at drive through
windows on their way to work will spend as much as 45 hours a year
waiting in line.
I have had many requests for my yummy pumpkin spice latte recipe lately, so I wanted to just post it up for you all. I guess it is safe to say I am beyond ready for Fall (hence the new fall colors on my newly revamped blog). I love the oranges, yellows and browns! What’s your favorite part of Autumn?
1 tbsp pumpkin puree
1/2 tbsp light brown sugar (packed and leveled)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 cups coffee (strong, brewed using 2 tbs per 1 cup of water)
4 tbsps coffee creamer
6 tsp granulated sugar
whipped cream (I personally like the heavy whipped cream)
1) In a blender puree the milk, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, brown sugar and vanilla.
2) Pour into a small saucepan and cook over low heat until the milk is warm and begins to froth slightly. (About 4-5 minutes.) Remove from heat.
4) For each serving: Pour 1/2 cup of the pumpkin mixture into your coffee mug.
5) Add 2 generous tablespoons of Coffeemate creamer.
6) Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds, then add 1 cup of brewed coffee.
7) Add 2 to 4 teaspoons of sugar (depending on how sweet you like your drink, I added 3 tsps.)
8) Top off with a touch more ‘pumpkin milk’ then cover with whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg and pumpkin spice.
(this is 2 servings)
Sleep is a symptom of caffeine deprivation. --Author Unknown