If you're anything like me and spend long amounts of time on Pinterest and beauty blogs, you'll find tons of beauty tips that seem amazing but take an eternity to do. My mind instantly goes to those contour-and-highlight pictures of perfectly beautiful girls who then slap on gobs of war paint and magically transform into a completely different woman. First of all, that has to take forever to wash off. I mean, surely they have to have a paint scraper to even get that off, and on top of that, it has to take forever to do. Anyways, there are countless more tips and complicated looks out there. The main problem with these is that if it's complicated and takes a long time to do, then it's probably not showcasing your own beauty, but instead covering it up. And since makeup is only supposed to enhance your unique beauty, I've included these simple, quick, easy tips that make a big difference without completely turning you into war paint warrior or new woman altogether, because what can possibly be more beautiful than the woman you were created to be, no?
- Moisturize. I have spent years trying to figure out how to make my makeup look less like a birthday cake and more like healthy, beautiful skin. And let me tell you: moisturizing makes all the difference. If you apply even a small amount of moisturizer before your makeup, your skin automatically looks softer and smoother and the makeup doesn't look so dry and cakey.
- Bright Eyes. I absolutely cannot leave the house or my dorm without under eye concealer. This may not seem like a big deal, but under eye concealer instantly brightens your eyes, making them look more awake, as well as brightening your face. When the darkness under your eyes is brightened, your whole face looks so much fresher with just this one step.
- Lashes. I'm sure you've heard of this one a million times, but curling your lashes is such a quick step in your makeup routine. You can curl your lashes before or after you apply your mascara, or if you really love big lashes like I do, you can curl your lashes both before and after. Your eyes will look bigger and flirtier with those big, beautiful lashes of yours.
- No More War Paint. Instead of doing the famous highlight-and-contour war paint technique to bring out or alter your facial structure, you can try my more simple technique. I first take a bronzer and sweep it in the hollows of my cheeks, along my temples, and along my jaw line. This adds a little warmth and sunny color to my face without completely altering my shape. I then take a shimmery champagne eye shadow and sweep it on top of my cheekbone. This way, the light will catch the shimmery shadow and highlight your beautiful cheekbones, whether you naturally have high cheekbones or not. You can also take the shimmer shadow and sweep it along the brow bone, tear ducts, and the cupid's bow on your lips to add a little more light to your face.
- Brows. We've all seen pictures of people with skinny, light, barely-there brows and it really doesn't do anything for their face shapes. A good brow adds structure to your face and eyes, acting as a frame for your face to showcase your beauty. You can simply sweep a brow shadow that compliments your hair color into your brows to give them a little more prominence to your face.
Each one of these tips takes only a few seconds to do but can instantly make a huge difference in highlighting your features. They're all meant to enhance your face shape and add brightness to your already glowing beauty. I hope you'll try out at least one of these tricks and see how simple and effective they can be in showing the world how stunning you really are.