This past week marked the first day of Fall, so it only seems appropriate to post the top beauty trends for the season that were seen on the runways. This season, it's all about extremes. It's either bright, bold colors, or it's barely there makeup. There's a trend for everybody out there right now to play with, and it's even more fun to mix some of these trends together. New seasons are all about new beginnings, so don't be afraid to get a little crazy and try something new to match the beautiful weather outside.
- Metallics. Metallic eye shadow was a huge trend on the runways this season. From looks ranging from gun metal grey, copper, bronze, even black, there is a metallic out there that will suit every woman's eye and skin color. These shades are incredibly chic, like the equivalent to a leather jacket, and scream confidence. This one is a trend I have to try this season!
- Bold Eyes. Also seen quite often were bold, thick lashes and bold cat eyeliner. It's very throwback and looks effortless. It's simple and yet makes a huge statement. Just take a liquid eyeliner and line the top lash lines, winging it out at the end. Next, top it off with 2-3 coats of mascara on the top and bottom lashes. It's that simple.
- Bold Colors. The last Fall beauty trend for eyes is bold colors. Think rich and saturated colors like emerald green, deep plums, electric blues, and even bolder colors like yellow and orange for the truly brave. As bold as the colors are though, the look is extremely versatile. You can do an all-over-the-lid look, or just a bold eyeliner on the top lash line. This trend works however you want it to.
- Glowy Skin. When the weather gets cold outside, our skin tends to get a little drier and dull looking. You can make sure this doesn't happen by applying moisturizer, avoiding the powder, and highlighting. Warm cheeks colors, like rosy pink, were on the runway a lot as well, adding radiance to the face. This trend is fun to mix with the others, like the bold eye shadow look, for example.
- Barely There Makeup. Completely opposite of the bold color trends is minimal makeup. It seems a little ridiculous to apply makeup only to look like you have nothing on, but it actually looks incredibly fresh, polished, and put together. And nothing screams confidence more than a woman who wears her own beauty as her makeup. Natural makeup is always in.
- Berry Lips. This trend is beautiful and super feminine. You can mix this trend with the cat eye look or the glowy skin, or both. You can even pair it with a beautiful shimmery brown eye shadow to really glam up the look. This one is pretty, romantic, great for every woman, every skin color, and every age. It's classic.
- Nude Nails. This trend is like the no-makeup makeup look. It's polished, classic, clean, and extremely pretty. Look for a nude polish that's a little more on the pink side. To make it extra special, use a super glossy top coat. You can even go a step further and add a glittery top coat to one nail, or just go crazy and apply it to all.
These trends are all meant to be played with, so make sure to have fun with them!