We all know that a good's night sleep is essential for our health. It's the time when our bodies restore and repair themselves. Likewise, establishing a good nightly beauty routine is crucial. Just like how sleep can be a system reboot for our bodies, beauty routines at night can target and treat those stubborn beauty issues we face. Here are some easy tips and tricks to help you wake up glowing and refreshed:
- Nurture. You've always heard that you should never go to bed with your makeup on, and it's absolutely true. To avoid clogged pores and breakouts, be sure to cleanse your skin to remove any makeup and dirt. Next, apply a toner and face cream as usual to hydrate so you wake up with soft, smooth skin. And last but not least, treat any skin problems you may have. Apply an acne spot treatment, use an anti-aging eye cream, pamper with a hydrating face mask, or use whatever kind of treatment your skin may be craving.
- Moisturize. Our faces aren't the only places that can get rough and dry, so be sure to pay special attention to feet, hands, etc. Since our hands are one of the first places to show aging, be sure to apply a hand cream to keep them soft and pretty. Also, no one likes chapped lips, so apply a generous amount of lip balm to wake up to smooth and supple lips. Last, if you have cracked feet, elbows, or cuticles, you can apply a good amount of Vaseline and make your dry skin history!
- Treat. Our hair gets so damaged throughout the day from styling, so applying a leave in conditioner or hair treatment is the perfect way to bring our gorgeous locks back to life. You can also sleep on a satin pillowcase, which is a little easier on our hair, to avoid shedding and breakage.
- Hydrate. Drinking a glass of water right before bed flushes out toxins in our systems and deflates the puffiness under our eyes, which allows us to wake up with glowing skin and eyes. For an even more calming effect, you can drink some green tea with honey or a detox tea for the same effect.
- Exfoliate. If you shower or bathe at night, a quick and simple step that can make a huge difference is body brushing. By brushing a natural bristle body brush in circular motions from the feet up the body and toward the heart, your skin gets exfoliated and toxins are flushed out of your system. This is a super easy way to detox your body and pamper yourself a little. Just be sure to shower or bathe right after to wash the dead skin cells that you just sloughed off. For an added bonus, you can use a body lotion after to wake up with super soft skin.
- Sleep. Finally, when falling asleep, position matters. Sleeping on your belly can allow any water to build up in your face, causing those annoying puffy eyes. Also, sleeping on the belly and sides can cause long-term aging of the skin, due to how our faces get squished into the pillows. To avoid all of these problems, sleep on your back. This way, puffy eyes and faces are a thing of the past, making way for a glowing and vibrant woman in the morning.